Monday, November 14, 2011

Playoff Game One Winners!

Another excellent game yesterday gentlemen.  I was really pleased with the hustle and pressure applied to Inferno.  All in all, the best team won after a first time penalty shoot out.  That was very interesting, but I don't want to do that again. 

A few bullet points:
1. We won that game as a team.  It seemed to me that everyone played their best game of the year.
2.  Ice - truly great.  The wipeout at the end of the game was critical and a real momentum gain for our team.  Outstanding effort which carried over to the shootout.  They never stood a chance.
3. Defense was awesome.  Brett, Julio, Georgie, and Preston played lights out.  Very few shots on goal and we completely shut down #12.
4. Mid field was dominating as they constantly ran 3 and 4 forwards trying to attack. You guys played several thru balls to Dave, Chuck, and Clay.  Great hustle and pressure down their sides.  They just couldn't hang with your speed, agility, and quickness.
5. Forwards - always seemed to be in the right place and took good quality shots.  We have a few fly aways, but when you shoot the ball 20+ times, that will happen.  You guys keep pushing as we're due for a huge breakout in scoring.
6.  It was great to see Brady streaking, with clothes, down the field before the field ate his lunch.  I know that nobody enjoyed that moment more than Brady.  So glad to see you back on the pitch!
7. Julio damn near threw the throw in all the way to the net.  That is a great weapon to have.  Well done #10 Pele Julio!

A ton of fans were there to cheer us on yesterday, and for those who helped with Claire, thank you.  A special thanks to Ice Woman, Ice Girl, Byrce, Tyler, and Molly for spending some time with her.  When we got in the car she told me how much fun she had and asked why I didn't score a goal like Uncle Pup. 

We play at 3:00 on Sunday and I certainly hope that everyone can make it.

Stu Dawg

1 comment:

  1. What a great recap Coach Dawg. Especially since I didn't have to do it. It is kind of sad to admit that my best soccer skill is throwing in the ball. We will score a goal on one of those eventually. I try to emulate Rory Delap of Stoke. If anyone knows who that it - you are a true EPL nerd and my friend! Good luck on Sunday - I will be out of town. It is killing me to miss it. Boones for Life!

    ReplyDelete