Monday, February 16, 2009

#10 Pele Julio's Game One Recap

Game One Recap.

Boones 8 - Atlas 0

Well done men. Notes from the game.
1. It was really cold.
2. I don't know who recruited those two new guys, but they are terrible at soccer. We should kick them off the team.
3. Way to go Brownie and Tutt, you guys are awesome. Gameballs to you both. Welcome to Boones!
4. Those fields are worse than I remember. Thank goodness that is our only game out there this season.
5. Chad proclaimed that the defense would not let in any goals this season, so far he is a smart man.
Q. Passing was superb last night ... that almost looked like real soccer.
22. Goals recap: Big Dave had 4. One header, one lazer, and two accurately placed chips. Keep that up! Brady had one - don't remember the details but it was sweet! Joel had one, a cross that was deflected by a defender that turned into a goal. We'll take it. And finally, Preston after all these years got a header off a corner kick. I love it when our fullbacks score!
%. Uniforms looked good. You guys don't look as fat in blue as you did in yellow.
Next. Did you guys see my rocket punt I had that almost decapitated Stu Dawg? Good times.

- #10 Pele Julio

3 comments:

  1. Excellent Recap as always Pele. One question though... who scored the 8th goal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is how I had the scoring breakdown...
    Joel - 1
    Preston - 1
    Brady - 1
    Tutt - 1
    Dave - 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a shutout in my stint as keeper, and an assist to Dave. I think I may have peaked too early into the season, Crap! Great start, lets keep it up!

    ReplyDelete