Sunday, February 28, 2010

Game Two First Half Summary

Heard you pulled out a great victory today against the rivals. Win or lose, it's always fun to play Darkhorse.

Sorry I left so pissed today. I needed to get home and flatten my leg out to put ice on it. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all those who called to check on me. I appreciate that.

A couple points from the first half.
1. I won the coin toss and elected to go against the wind. Turns out this was a good move.
2. Forwards were dominant in the first half. Brady's hard work getting to the goal paid off by a pretty poor call by the official, but we are due a few of these. Brady has been doing that for years. Consistency pays off.
3. Midfielders played very well and made a few big runs.
4. Defense was steady, but had too many O S(*^ moments in the goal. We will fix that and be just fine.
5. We had 2 hi-ya kicks by #10 Pele Julio. It was great. One the first one, I heard at least three guys yell that out.
6. No one can match our fitness level. :)
Check out the fantasy points. The link is on the right side of the page below our schedule. Remember the lowest point total for each team is automatically thrown out.

Thanks again for picking up the cards, flags and game ball.

Hopefully I will be back soon.

Dawg

1 comment:

  1. 2nd half partial recap:

    Stu Dawg forgot to mention his sweet kick that popped his leg off in the first half. It was so curvey and sideways. It fooled everyone. Very nice.
    We were 1 - 1 at half time.

    We started off the second half strong. Whenever you can incorporate a guy named Pele into your offense, magical things can happen (even if that is not his real name). Joel made a perfect no-look pass to the outside as I was blazing down the right side screaming for the ball. I thought about taking it to goal, then I realized that was a terrible plan. I looked to the inside and all I could see was big giant Dave. I opted for a quick soccerific pass to Dave and he placed the ball perfectly in the back of the net. Boones 2 - Darkhorse 1. I missed our third goal (trying to find ice for a f'ed up thumb)so hopefully someone can recap that for the blog. All I know is that Dave got another goal and Brady got another assist. Boones 3 - Darkhorse 1.
    The end of the game was exciting in a bad way as we let Darkhorse back into the game. After missing on a few more offensive chances that would have given us a three goal lead (like Tutt's wide open goal chance that sailed over the top crossbar) we gave up a goal. Darkhorse player man snuck through the defense and tucked in his shot on the near post. Boones 3 - Darkhorse 2. Darkhorse was pouring on the offensive pressure but could never really get a good shot on us. They did have two corner kicks at the end of the game that were a little scary, but we held on to win.
    Notes: Mucio had a great game. He made some great American plays including a defensive header that was clutch. Chad also had one of those clearing defensive headers. Chad had another incredible free kick that the keeper barely saved. I thought passing was really good out there - especially Joel with his new kicks. Yes we are getting older and slower - but so are the teams we are playing. Forwards ruled on Sunday. You guys killed them.
    Injuries - Pele's thumb, Dawg's leg, Tutt's cramps. Missing - Brett and Peer. Peer is cut for missing his first every Boones game.
    And finally, I think that was only our second win ever against Darkhorse. Kick Ace!

    ReplyDelete